Actually, writing an article does not really mean putting down anything you think of into words then typing and writing it. Indeed, you have to write in order to capture the interest of your audience and then get them to keep on reading. Sending your message across requires you to get the attention of the reader and then have a firm grasp of their interest and finally their curiosity.
The main ingredient in baking up an article is a large dose of creativity. While the ideas may come natural to many people, some just do not get the idea of what to write or talk about. Many writers have literally torn their hair out when they get writers block and just do not seem to get their ideas flowing.
We all know that putting these words into images in the readers mind is an art. A clear and crisp depiction requires a certain flair that only creativity can provide. Similes and metaphors help a lot, but the way an article gets entwined word for word, sentence by sentence then paragraph by paragraph into a whole article develops the essence of the article.
So just what do you have to do when nothing comes to mind? There is no surefire ways to get the perfect ideas but there are easy ways to get your creative juices flowing. No one can guarantee you of having the perfect mindset but many methods may aid you in achieving that state of mind. Here are five easy ways for that.
1) Make sure to keep a diary or a journal with you. Ideas can be triggered by anything you may hear, see, or smell. Your senses are your radar in finding great ideas. Write all of them into a journal and keep it with you for future reference. You may also write down anything that you have read or heard, someones ideas could be used effectively to develop your own ideas and this is not stealing. Do remember that these ideas and creativity can come from anywhere and at any time. However, it is the development of these ideas that makes it unique.
2) Relax and take time to sort things out. A jumbled mind cannot create any space for new ideas. Everyone must have a clear mind if one wishes to have their creativity in full speed. Get rid of all obstacles that can be a hindrance to your creativity. If you are bothered by something, you cannot force your mind to stay focused.
Be sure to relax every time that you can and think about your present or past experiences and interactions with others. Your experiences are what shapes your mindset and your opinions which could be reflected on your writings. Try to discover yourself, find out what triggers your emotions. Discover what inspires you and what ticks you off. You can use these emotions to help you in expressing yourself and your ideas, with this you can grow creatively.
3) Create a working place that can inspire your creativeness. Your working place can be quite a hindrance if it does not make you feel happy or relaxed. Creativity comes from being in a good state of mind and a messed up workplace that causes distraction will be conducive in firing up the flow of ideas.
Surround your working place with objects that makes you happy and relaxed. You may put up pictures, or scents, objects that inspire, or anything that can get your creativeness cranking. A clean and well organized workplace also rids of distractions and unwanted hindrances. With a good working place, you can work in peace and never notice the time pass by.
4) Set the mood. Setting the mood requires you to just go with the moment or to induce your self to feeling what makes your mind works best. Finding out what makes you tick could help you find ways to get your creative juices flowing. Set the pace and tempo for your mood and everything else will follow.
Nevertheless, there are many ways to set the mood. Some great writers have been known to use alcohol, a little sip of wine to stir up the imagination. Some love music while others let the lighting of the environment create the mood.
5) Go out, get some fun or just do something unlike crazy. Indeed, having a great fun produces adrenaline that can make your imagination go wild. Take an adventure or a hike. Whatever you think that is quite unique from your daily routine can take the rut out of your schedule. Your ideas and creativeness will be based on that experience and what a great experience it will be.